GO!

Wal Mart wants to change the ADA!?!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 76)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Nolte (Retired Guide Dog)

Guide dog work- is a joyous- thing!

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 9:14pm PST 
Lordie... the whole notion of Wal-Mart having any say whatsoever in any SD issue is laughable.

So is Guest.

Personally I've had issues with only one Wal-Mart, and it was an old lady greeter that "tried" to refuse me and my then guide dog Merlin. Each time I went in there when this particular woman was "on guard" at the door she'd scream at me to leave.

After my first attempt to educate her I realized it was a waste of breath, so from then on I just walked by her and ignored her every time. Some people just can't be educated; not even worth giving them the time of day.
[notify]
Shai

Shai Ezer: - Service Dog

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 11:31pm PST 
http://www.ada.gov/walmart.htm

Walmart was in court over the service dogs and the government has something to say to walmart
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 8:09am PST 
OMFG are you serious I just got on my feet harley and just sarted working with sadie @ my local Wal-mart. I really feel like she is starting to get back in to the feel of getting out and about with me after so long. I dout it will fly why am Am I worried.
[notify]

Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 9:11am PST 
Sadie, this is a very old thread from before the Walmart decision that was resurrected. It wasn't Harley who brought it back up.

Edited by author Sat May 4, '13 9:13am PST

[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 2:10pm PST 
I've never had any issues taking Sarge with me to Walmart and we have been into many different ones in KS, WA, MO, and so on. Hoping that doesn't change because I shop there all the time.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 4:55pm PST 
OOh thanks Iris wHooo!!! I was going to say I just started working sadie back in to that work going in to stores cause I was not able to take her before.
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 76)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8