GO!

One last journey

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 11:51pm PST 
Decision is made. My mom is coming to visit in 2 weeks and Sabi will have one last visit with her Gramma.
We went for a ride to the pet store today to get food. On the way home I decided to stop by the church and let Sabs stroll on the lawn. We used to go there twice a day for a run as it is 1.2 kms around the perimeter of the parking lot. It's one of her favorite places, but she can't walk the few blocks to get there anymore. She got out of the car with a big grin on her face and there was no strolling going on. After a few minutes I could see her back leg wobbling so we turned around. She didn't make it. About 50 feet from the car her back legs gave out, and she tried dragging herself the rest of the way. The fear and confusion in her eyes was heartbreaking. I was calling to her to stop as I was running to her. I finally grabbed her and just wrapped my arms around her and told her to please stop. I let her lay there and rest for a few minutes and then I helped her up and carried her to the car.
I can't watch this anymore, I just can't. She looks so sad and so tired, and she is still fighting to stay with me. She hauls her self up to follow me around, she tries to play in the yard when I am outside with her. She can't scratch her itches anymore, she falls if she shakes her head, she trips on the carpet and right this minute she is stuck in the bathroom again, because she can't turn around to get out!
These next 2 weeks will be our toughest adventure ever, and this time only one of us is coming home. My beautiful warrior girl has another world to conquer, and right this minute I just want to go with her.

I did go get her out of the bathroom, before anyone yells at me.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 12:43am PST 
hughughug
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 2:28am PST 
Oh, Sabicryhughughughughug
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 4:37am PST 
Sabi, it's the longest journey you will ever take, and rest assured, we are all thinking of you and Sabi.
It takes a while, but you will finally see her healthy and running around the church lawn when you think of her.
There is nothing else I can say. hug
[notify]
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 7:16am PST 
hughughughughughug

I am so sorry, Sabi. cry
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 7:20am PST 
hughughughughug

My heart is broken!

xoxo
Angel Annie & Hanna Belle
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 7:43am PST 
My heart is breaking for you. I know this is the one thing you have been dreading for quite some time. I also know this will be the hardest thing for you to endure.
Please for the next two weeks spoil that sweet girl rotten. Enjoy every second of everyday and remember that there are many who will be with you in thought and spirit if not in physical presence. Many hugs to you and Sabi as well as Buddy and Shadow. i think having gotten to know you and mostly Sabi over the last few years on Dogster has been one of the best things I havee done in awhile. Please p-mail me if you want or need anything. I will be here to help in any way i can.hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug| :|hughug
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 9:34am PST 
crycry
I'm so sorry. You've given her an amazing life
hughughughughughughug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 9:43am PST 
Make this two weeks THE best ever.. spoiling all the way... celebrate the LIFE.

Know that so many of us have walked this path.. and WILL be here for you... anytime.

Smile.. make the memories.. celebrate the Life....

Love and HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X

hughughughughughughughughug

Edited by author Mon Sep 9, '13 9:44am PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 12:41pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15