GO!

At what age should a dog's muzzle start going white?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 6:43pm PST 
My Chihuahua is 7 and for about the past year the fur on her muzzle has been getting whiter and whiter. She has a few white whiskers and a white eyebrow whisker/hair. Is my dog going white too early? Is this something I should be concerned about? Thank you.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 7:03pm PST 
There is no "should".. there is no "age"

Just like humans.... it happens when it happens !!!

I was 18 when the white started....

Frankly it means nothing.. its simply a genetic disposition.

My Lucas was 3 when his muzzle started to get white in it...

So forget about it... its not important.

hug
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:35pm PST 
Lupi's not even 6 yet, and she's getting white hairs in her muzzle. Poor girl, she's been old since she was a pup.
[notify]

The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:40pm PST 
Two of my bassets (Precious and Scout) started getting white around their muzzles at about 3. Like everyone else said, dogs vary just like humans.
[notify]
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 7:55am PST 
Our Samoa is five and looks like a grand old man with his silvery chops.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 6:29pm PST 
Yep, there is no definite age a dog should start going grey and it's absolutely nothing to worry about when they do. My Tyler was about 18 months old when he started going grey. At age 7 now, his face is almost entirely white.

Grey faced Ty
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 8:27pm PST 
Nare is 3 years old and is about as grey as Ty. laugh out loud

Entirely genetic.
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 7:38am PST 
Sandy my Italian greyhound started getting white hairs on his muzzle at 1. I think every dog is different. I wouldn't worry about it Chihuahuas live a long time. If u r wanting to help her stay young I suggest getting the cet toothpaste from the vet and brushing her teeth that can help toy breed dogs stay healthy longer.
[notify]
Chico

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 12:19pm PST 
I got Chico when he was still teething so he was still a puppy, right now his muzzle is completely white and it started turning white when he was about 3 or 4. So it isn't about age it's more about his or her genetics.
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 6:01pm PST 
Totally agree with previous posters that every dog is different. I knew 2 dacschunds from the same litter and one started going grey way way before the other. We used to joke it was because she was raised by and elderly couple so she started to adopt their characteristics dog walk
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2