GO!

Supplements?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 9:43am PST 
Hi all!

Firefly just turned 7, and I myself don't consider this "senior", but my Sheltie is no spring chicken. She is whitening a bit around the face, and any rough housing or hard play leaves her a bit stiff, and she favors her right leg.

Should I start giving her supplements? Like a daily multi vitamin and glucosamine and chondroiton? I don't want her to have any arthritis pains or stiffness, and was wondering if some supplements would help.

Sorry for these kinds of questions. Fly was MY first ever dog, even though my family has had pets all throughout my life. She was and is my personal fur baby, and we have grown up together. cloud 9

I just want the ascension into her older years to be as fun and comfortable as her younger ones. Any "senior" tips would be appreciated. big grin
[notify]
Buddy

Giving my paw- can get me- anything!

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 11:09am PST 
Buddy just turned 7 (approximately) and a few months ago I noticed he was a bit stiff in the hind legs following his very rough play sessions. He was hesitant to go up and down the stairs and sometimes he needed help. I researched glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, hyaluronic acid, fish oil and turmeric. He gets all these supplements for joints and he's not limping anymore at all, whatsoever. My boys also get other things as they get older including spirulina, coconut oil and many other supplements. I've noticed the difference. way to go
[notify]

Barked: Mon Aug 5, '13 1:08pm PST 
hi- my coco is 15/16 and hes on a mult-vit pill,omega3,novox-pain pill daily. he needed a b12 shot recently. dogs do not take in nutrients the way young dogs do. petmeds have a good source and smith/foster do too. u can reach me here on dogster look for me on senior dog group or u can email me. bye. lydia
[notify]