GO!

Dog Wheelchairs

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 6:16pm PST 
Anyone have a dog who uses a wheelchair? How did they adapt to it? What kind do you have? Has it been a viable,option for your dog? We are considering that for our Aussie vs the back surgery for her disc disease. She is a real trooper and usually rolls with the punches, but I can imagine dogs might have an adjustment to this device. Of course none of the wheelchair websites indicate dogs have issues with it. laugh out loud. Any advice folks have would be very welcomed.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 10:46pm PST 
I have a similar issue with an Aussie/Border Collie mix. I adopted Koko 1 1/2 years ago, along with her sister Fli, they are 12 1/2 now according to the age I was told at adoption. Koko has severe hip dysplasia and spinal arthritis, she is losing control of her rear legs, but the girl has a huge heart and refuses to give in or be left behind. I'm considering a wheelchair so she can continue to enjoy walks and hikes with her little sis, the will is there but the hips won't cooperate. Anyone that could share they're experience with these devices would be great appreciated. There are numerous manufacturers, any comments regarding good or bad designs would be helpful.
[notify]