GO!

Balling up rugs?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '12 10:41am PST 
This one is a natural dog tendency! It's cute how pet owners allow this.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '12 5:27pm PST 
Sanka started doing this, but he is totally weird about it. He'll just get up, scratch at the rug or blanket he's laying on, and if it stays flat, he lays back down. But if it bunches up in any way, he won't lay on it unless I flatten it out.

Why the heck are you scratching it like that if you want it flat!?!
[notify]
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 6:23pm PST 
This is funny. H does it to everything she about to lay down on, even a tile floor. I guess she doesn't realize she cannot "fluff up" a hard floor.
[notify]

Kodiak

The cheese ninja

Barked: Wed Jun 6, '12 7:40pm PST 
I agree with everyone else. Kody does it too. He sometimes gets very intense and focused about it, and I have to remind him that he is on our bed and not in the forest. In his crate, he will kick up the blankets to make himself a pillow at the front. I think she may just be extra concerned with comfort since she's older.
[notify]
Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 2:12pm PST 
Sabrina is only 6, but she has been doing this for as long as I can remember. She makes a "nest" in Sugar's old bed instead of sleeping in her own. She will also do this if she's on my bed or on a blanket. I guess it's just more comfortable. smile
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 6:57pm PST 
Mika is only 5 and Kai all of 2 but both of them have done this since puppyhood. Kai will even ball one up near him but actually prefers to sleep on the hardwood floor and use the rug or blanket as a pillow.
[notify]
Zoie

45 Mile Per Hour- Couch Potato

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 11:51pm PST 
All my Greyhounds over the years have done this with rugs and old comforters. It is a nesting thing for them. They like ot bunch them up to make their it more comfortable to sleep on especially since they have very little fat on their bones, so it makes it softer. It is a good thing.
[notify]
Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 6:50pm PST 
Oh yeah!!!! Gotta rearrange my bed sometimes. Mom says her Great Dane did the same thing so she used to buy him old couch cushions to scratch up and fluff. dancing
[notify]
Morrison

Hello, I Love- You

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 7:26am PST 
Morrison isn't a senior dog. But he LOVES balling up the bathroom rug. It drives me a bit crazy because I will clean the house and put a clean rug down in the bathroom, and if I forget to close the door the next thing I know the rug is a wad on the floor big laugh. Sometimes he lays on it. And sometimes I think it's just a compulsive thing he thinks NEEDS to be done laugh out loud
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 3:24am PST 
Snowy does the same thing with rugs. I think he feels cozy when he just jumble up with rugs. The wool rugs might give him a warm feeling and he would feel good in it. I think there is nothing to worry if they behave this way so just relax. smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2