GO!

Not wanting to eat

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Jun 26, '11 12:32pm PST 
If she's still eating treats and still wagging her tail, I wouldn't consider euthanasia at the current time.

My friends 16 old lab would not eat anything for days. They had to force feed her. She became weak. And it was just obvious that it was her time, and they ultimately put her to sleep.
[notify]
Margaret ~- 18 wonderful- years

I love lavender!

Barked: Sun Jun 26, '11 6:42pm PST 
Thanks so much for the kind words and advice. I've never heard of green tripe, but I'll keep that in mind if things get worse. And I'll be aware of her temperature, too...thanks.

This weekend I made two huge pots of home made food for Margaret. One with chicken, rice, eggs, carrots, split peas and cauliflower and the other is beef, barley, eggs, sweet potatoes, broccoli and squash. So far, so good. I'll freeze most of it and we'll rotate as long as she'll eat it and then I'll try something else.

She still has a perky moment every now and then. The other evening we let her interact with our young chickens and she chased a couple for a gallop or two. It made me so happy to see her having fun. I even had hubby video it....really cute.

Thanks for the support, y'all. It does help to know I'm not alone here. hug
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Jun 26, '11 10:04pm PST 
Glad she is doing good. Green tripe is really smelly and most dogs enjoy the taste I've read a few don't but most love the stuff.

Saya gets it raw, but she has had caned green tripe and loved it.

Solid gold sells caned green tripe, before grain does, and Tripette does. Most pet stores like petsmart might not have it more local dog food store that sells solid gold, before grain, wellness that type of food.

I'm happy she enjoys the home cooked meals. The fresh food should help.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2