GO!

Stroller Suggestions

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Thu Apr 28, '11 11:30am PST 
Sachi is having trouble keeping up on walks because of her arthritis so I figure I need to get her a stroller. I don't know if this needs to be mentioned but my walking paths have a lot of rocks so nothing that is going to get stuck on a pebble. It also needs to be under $100. Any recommendations?

Edited by author Thu Apr 28, '11 11:31am PST

[notify]
Beulah

Canine- Fashionista

Barked: Thu Apr 28, '11 9:45pm PST 
Beulah has this stroller
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Pink-Plaid-Wheel-Stroller/dp /B00330XGLE/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

When we do charity walks or shelter events, she gets tired easily, and wants to get in the stroller. It is kind of a pain to push the stroller and walk her when she decides that she wants to walk. I got mine on ebay for like 40 bucks. I like that I can put my purse in the bottom and it has a cup holder.
[notify]
Sachi- (1997-2012)

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 1:05am PST 
Thanks for the reply. I've seen that stroller and similar ones. Someone complained that the zippers break easily. Have you had any problems with zippers? How big is Beulah and do you feel like the stroller is sturdy and gives adequate room?
[notify]

Beulah

Canine- Fashionista

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 7:12pm PST 
Beulah is about 25 pounds. We generally do not zip it up. I feel like there is plenty of room for her.
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 7:38pm PST 
I would recommend paying close attention to the wheels if you're going to be on anything but smooth pavement. I've read a lot of stroller reviews and many of them do not work well on rough surfaces. The larger the wheels, the better.

You may have trouble finding a good quality one for less than $100 but I would suggest checking Craigslist. I got one there (the Petzip Jogger) that was pretty much new, it costs $160 new and I got it for $80. I've heard a lot of good reviews of the Pet Gear AT3 stroller for use on various surfaces (supposedly the older model is better), so if you can find one of those on Craigslist or similar it would be a good choice.

I would suggest checking this Yahoo Group "Pet Strollers" for reviews:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/PetStrollers/?yguid=234 059383

Look through the posts, and also in the files section there is a 'Stroller Reviews' folder with more reviews.

Edited by author Fri Apr 29, '11 7:39pm PST

[notify]
Zoie

45 Mile Per Hour- Couch Potato

Barked: Sat Apr 30, '11 5:56pm PST 
They have them at Petsmart for under $100 and customers have said they work well. They sure are cute. I have a friend who uses one for her cat so she can get out in the fresh air without really being loose.
[notify]
Sachi- (1997-2012)

Barked: Sun May 1, '11 3:15am PST 
Thanks for the info and tips Dogsters. I would have loved to get a nicer model, especially one of those Pet Gear AT3 strollers, but I didn't find any used ones for sale in my area. That's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere. I ended up buying one on ebay for $60. It sounds like one of the better strollers in that price range. I guess I'll find out in a week or so. I hope Sachi likes riding in it.
[notify]