GO!

Stubborn Streak

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Edie Casillo

Are we there- yet????

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 10:42am PST 
My scottie has a stubborn streak a mile wide. She tends to ignor me in favor of her "Daddy". Any ideas on how to get her to respond better to me?
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 10:25pm PST 
Sorry not sure but she sure is pretty!!!

My scottie usually favors me over her daddy, mainly because i am the main caregiver over our doggies. But lately he has been playing ball with her a lot. She loves bouncy balls. Anyway........ i can tell just by him doing her fave thing with her it has brought them closer.
[notify]
Argyle's- "Stella"- Walker Black

Stella Dora the- explorer

Barked: Fri May 18, '07 8:21am PST 
Stella has one of those too! She listens better to me, but loves to play with her dad. Maybe you can do some fun activities with her, like go for a walk or play ball. They are too much, aren't they??
[notify]

Fiona- McCrotchsnif- fer

Ummm, it wasn't- me.

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 12:28pm PST 
IMHO, the character and nature of the scottie breed would only fight you if "you" decided the scottie should like you more. Very arrogant acting dogs, lol.

One thing that might help you is understanding a scottie's nature, if you are wanting to spark more interest in them , find something they like and go from there. Tug of War is something that scotties seem to love, also "hunting" is a favorite, find the toy games anything that might stimulate the natural behaviour of which they were bred , then modify it to make it work for your needs.

Never fight nature, rather "suggest" it or if all else fails when dealing with a scottie 'implore' or beg. LOL

Edited by author Fri Jun 8, '07 12:29pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 2:58pm PST 
Scotties have a natural tendency to play favorites. Mum's have always loved Dad in particular. I think they are drawn to people who let them play hard (hard) and respect their independence (instead of demanding the cuddle). Just my two cents.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 2:54pm PST 
I have 2 and they gravitate to me because I am the main provider of food, treats, water, going out and freedom (we're set free from the cage!) But they will sit by whoever the know is likely to drop food at the dinner table.
[notify]