GO!

Tell us about you Sato!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '07 8:00pm PST 
Hope to meet other Sato owners and hear their stories....
[notify]
Naya

Do you have any- edamame beans?

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '07 5:43am PST 
Not sure what "inactive state" means, but I'll go ahead and try and revive this thread anyway.

How many with sato's have a whippet/terrier mix?

I would really love to get Naya's story, but it's been about 10 months since she left PR, and I can't speak spanish. Any spanish speakers here willing to give PR a call and speak with the vet who vaccinated her? Send me the phone bill and I'll re-imburse via Paypal.

Is your Whippet/Terrier Sato slightly aloof? A little goofy? Have a strong prey drive (tunnel vision, dangerous near roads). Able to hide under the smallest of spaces? Love to be chased/chase others at the dog park? Jump almost 6 feet high? Dig like a maniac? Rarely barks, even more rarely vocalizes? Have some "issues" with small children and jumping...

Has anyone had any luck in determining what kind of terrier your whippet is mixed with?

Anyone? Bueller?
[notify]
Naya

Barked: Tue Mar 11, '08 8:01am PST 
When we're at the dog park, any dog from Puerto-Rico ALWAYS looks like and has the same build as Naya. Different colors usually, but it's always SO similar looking.
[notify]

Jada

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '08 4:37pm PST 
We never heard of the satos before until we recently adopted Jada a few days ago. We are still getting to know one another and we are anxious to learn all we can about the breed. So any experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. Seems that our Jada will be small too. They said she is 3 months old. (not sure how true this is, she seems younger). We took her to our vet Monday and she weighed 7.5 lbs. She definately has an attitude and loves hopping and jumping.
[notify]
lucy

Barked: Mon May 12, '08 10:00pm PST 
holy crap, other people have the same dog as me, i was so tired of just saying whippet/terrier they couldnt put the two together!!! are your puppies as loving and affectionate as my lucy, shes great
[notify]
King

King--Born to- Destroy the- Indestructable

Barked: Fri May 16, '08 3:35pm PST 
When I adopted King at age 6 mths from a shelter in Longview, Washington, all I knew was that he came to WA from Florida with owners who gave him up to someone they met while walking him to a different shelter in that area. I saw him on Petfinders, where he was listed as a Lab/Pharaoh Hound mix. But I was never sure. And the shelter never gave me enough details to confirm this. When I saw the Sato website and looked at all the dogs, I started to doubt the Pharaoh Hound thing...seems like Petfinders says PH mix for any dog with big ears. But that seems to be the key identifier of Satos, who seem to be more common in Florida than PH's, due to the close proximity to Puerto Rico.

I am very interested in hearing from Sato owners about their dogs.

-etta
[notify]
Naya

Barked: Sun May 18, '08 9:45am PST 
Lucy, I see the terrier...no doubt about it. Post a profile pic, looks like she might have that thin whippet face too.

King, it looks like Naya has the same swatting technique. I've got a few videos on youtube username whitescarfsyndrome, or just search "naya whippet"

Our dogs probably move that same. That one shot of the arms up, ready to push/swat is classic!
[notify]
King

King--Born to- Destroy the- Indestructable

Barked: Thu Jun 12, '08 4:34pm PST 
Naya does have a lot of the same moves as King! They'd love playing together I have no doubt.
[notify]
Sheldon

Whippet...- Whippet good.

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '08 1:46pm PST 
sheldon here! I'm a Sato... Look like a whippet/Terrier mix too!!! I'm very skinny with big, perky, fluffy ears!
[notify]
Sheldon

Whippet...- Whippet good.

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '08 1:46pm PST 
sheldon here! I'm a Sato... Look like a whippet/Terrier mix too!!! I'm very skinny with big, perky, fluffy ears!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2