GO!

Sleeping through the night?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Augustus

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 2:46pm PST 
Augustus is almost 6 months old now, and he used to sleep through the night... but not the past few weeks. We were gone for a week, and when we came home he wants to go outside around midnight, and then again at 3am. He sleeps on a dog bed on my side of the bed, leashed to the bed so he won't wander off... He'll pester me (wet tongue slapping up my spine) and pester me until I let him out. Once he's back in he'll go straight to sleep... I've tried ignoring him (impossible after 40 minutes or so), and wearing him out before bed but this doesn't help...

Any tips?
[notify]
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 8:33am PST 
We found that at that age our Saint's energy increased. We just did our best to run him tired as much as we could during the day.

I have a German Shepherd as well and she needs to be walked at least 4 hours a day or she is reckless. So this is more than enough for the Saint and he sleeps well now.
[notify]