GO!

New Puppy!! w/ questions?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Optimus Prime

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 7:14am PST 
Well im currently deployed to Afghanistan and i will be home soon, but i bought myself a nice gift! A hansome Saint Bernard puppy from puppypawzmichigan.com!
He will be the 3rd dog in the family, i also have a 3 y/o Basenji and a 2 y/o Black Lab. Cant wait to get home to meet him.

The main questioin i have is how long should i wait to get him fixed, i have read anywhere from 5 months to 1 and 1/2 years. I want him to be as big as possible but also healthy as possible. also what are some goot doggie vitamins to buy him?
[notify]
Remy

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 12:21pm PST 
First, congratulations on your puppy! Remy is also a puppypaws puppy!!!!

I also read all the neutering opinions, and finally just went with what my vet recommended...so waied till 7 months...worked well for us...and I don't give him any particular vitamins but do feed a high quality no grain kibble and partial raw diet (adding eggs and meat and veggies and yogurt etc.)

Keep us posted when you get home and meet him and thank you for your service!!
[notify]
Bella Marie

Find me on- Instagram! It's- @gap0515 :)

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 4:44pm PST 
I'm planning to get Bella Marie 'fixed' at 2 years. I've read that getting them fixed too early can make growth very painful, or more painful than normal, or cause them to stop growing at a young age. This was all read online so I'm not sure how accurate this is. Congratulations on your new Saint! Good luck
[notify]