GO!

How much did your St Bernard weigh at 8 weeks?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tiny

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '12 12:14pm PST 
I have two saint boys that are 8 weeks 1 day old. Tiny weighs 14.4lbs and Freckles weighs 15.4lbs. Is this a normal weight for a St puppy? I really want them to be over 140 grown but not sure. Can anyone share there weight of there Saint puppy at 8 weeks and they weight they are now? Thanks
[notify]
Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 2:01pm PST 
Please, do NOT force your puppy to get big. They will get to the size they get to based on genetics, trying to force them to gain weight will only cause terrible pain and suffering in their later years. Extra weight when they are young will put extra weight on growing bones and joints leading to terrible pain in later years.

Your Saints will not be full grown until at least 24 months. Please, for their sake, do not try and speed that up.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 8:47am PST 
We got our girl saint at 7 weeks. She was 19.6lbs. At 11 weeks she was up to 37lbs and just recently at 15 weeks she was 51 lbs. The vet said she is growing very proportinately which is very important for saints since they have issues if they grow too fast. We limit her food to the recommended amount - but if we allowed her more she would scarf it down in a second!
[notify]

Chewie

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 1:10pm PST 
Hello, my "little" guy is 2.5 months and weighs 24lbs already. he looks proportioned and has massive paws. I am just worried that he might be too big.
[notify]
Bella Marie

Find me on- Instagram! It's- @gap0515 :)

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 10:02am PST 
At 8 weeks, Bella Marie was 15 lbs. She's 10 months old now and weighs in at 110 lbs.

Edited by author Fri Aug 31, '12 10:03am PST

[notify]
Sarge

Give me a hug or- else!

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 7:21am PST 
Couldn't answer that really. We got Sarge at 5 months. I panicked a little when he first came home. I kept thinking "What did I do? He's HUGE." Proper training at a young age will keep your dog manageable when it is grown.

When your dog gets average 150-ish pounds full grown, you'll be so used to the size that it really wont matter. Now other dogs I used to think were big are now just small dogs to me.

Don't get hung up on weight/size unless you think there is a health problem.
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 1:55pm PST 
Our Saint Bernard is 2 months old now. When he was 7 weeks old, he only weighed 9.3 lbs. is he too little??? He wasn't the runt of the litter, by any means. After I see these other weights, I'm wondering why ours is so little. The vet said everything was just fine at that 7 week visit. confused
[notify]
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 8:36am PST 
Every Saint grows at a different rate.

At 8 weeks, ours was about 15 lbs.
At one year now, he is 137 lbs.

If you are very concerned, phone the vet and ask what they think he should weigh. I'm sure they will give you free info over the phone.

Good luck!

Edited by author Wed Oct 31, '12 8:37am PST

[notify]
Augustus

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 1:39pm PST 
Augustus is 6 months old and 65 lbs. He has averaged about 11lbs a month weight gain. Maybe he is small for his age, but he is well proportioned and we aren't at all worried. He'll end up being as big as he is going to be when he grows up. It is fun to watch him grow, it seems he gets lanky and skinny over a few weeks, then he fills in, and repeat. His paws and nose are still huge... so he has a ways to go before he is done!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 7:30am PST 
hi im getting a sb in a few weeks time...the breeder im buying fom has a 9 month old male that weighs in at 190 pounds without looking over weight...hes massive i just hope my pup will get to that size aswell
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2