GO!

HELP!! Any thoughts........

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 5:48am PST 
Hi there!
My 7 year old Rottweiler, Meika suddenly stopped eating her normal food a week ago. Turned up her nose at it. She would however eat a doggie meatloaf I made for them, but only once. The next meal she wasn't interested, but would eat some cooked chicken. This went on for 3 days, every meal she wanted something different. A bit lethargic and one bout of diarrhea. I took her to the vet, along with a stool sample. They did blood work, urinalysis, fecal workup and found nothing abnormal anywhere. Treated her with Amoxicillian for Leptosiprosis because that was the only vaccine she was overdue on. She has responded well to the med, gave her some Pepcid AC per vets instructions and hoped that the appetite would return. Her energy is normal, everything is normal now except her pickiness for food! I am now giving her canned food which she will eat in stages. You can tell she isn't happy about it. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Could this be depression? All in her head? I might add that I have another Rottie that is still on the old food and has had no issues whatsoever. Thanks! smile
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 4:01pm PST 
Hmm... Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, but if you repost this question in the health forum, or the food and nutrition forum, you'll get far more responses, far quicker and you'll better be able to figure out how to fix the problem. Good luck! smile
[notify]