GO!

Rottie not loving little white dogs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Harley &- Rubi

me, me, me it's- all about me!!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 9:44pm PST 
Hi! Our Dog Harley is a rottweiler/bullmastiff mix. We got her when she was 4 months old, she is 8 years now. When we got Harley we had a pekinese that was brown and a doxie/spaniel mix that was white with black patches. Harley got alone well with these dogs. Harley has been without these other 2 dogs for about 6 1/2 years now.

All of a sudden Harley has a thing about small white fluffy dogs. One day we were at a corner waiting for the light to change so we could cross and a small white dog sat next to us and Harley snapped at it. Harley has a little hair in her mouth, the dog didn't even notice. I was so stressed out about this and now I don't trust her around small fluffy dogs.

So the question is, Is this a normal thing with Rottie's? Or is this just something with her only? Thank you all in advance for your help big grin
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 9:02pm PST 
Sorry to hear your dog has made you nervous..I have owned Rotties for nearly 30 years. smile I will always own a rottie. Anyway, I would have to say that behavior is Harley, it is not a Rottie thing. My 5 year old Rottie has just recently started growling at my daughters friend whom he has known for 5 years and has never had a problem with her in the past. I have signed him back up to go to doggie school. He knows his commands but I feel it is a great way to get him resocialized in a controlled enviroment. To be with strangers and other dogs..Maybe you should consider something like that as well?
Good luck. smile
[notify]