GO!

Rotweiler Advice!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
heidi

do i got to get- up

Barked: Thu Feb 4, '10 6:55pm PST 
rottweilers r great all around dogs. just get them young and they will do fine with whatever they get socialized around. ours loves my black lab max, they r best friends. and as far as getting along with children, well look at heidi's pic with my son she is perfect around him. i do recommend rottweilers for dummies, its a great book. but all of ur concerns r just stereotypes. just make sure u get 1 from a good breeder and you'll be happy, they r a great loving and loyal breed. good luck
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Sat Feb 13, '10 1:11pm PST 
Heidi, they don't have to be young. I have had rotties of all different ages ( I do rescue / foster / adoptions ) and I have never had a problem with any of my dogs with other dogs of any age.
[notify]
Ice

Hey Grandpa! I- NEED to go out!

Barked: Sun Apr 25, '10 12:12pm PST 
I have a 4 year old, 140lb male Rottie named Ice. He is absolutely the most wonderful dog I have ever owned. They are extremely intelligent. They will scheme, plan, invent games, and never cease to amaze. They are loyal to all family members and will protect in the home or out. My son is alive thanks to Ice. A huge chunk of ice broke away from the roof on the building next door, and had it not been for the keen hearing and alertness of my dog, that chunk would have crushed his skull when it fell. They were both able to get away without injury.

These dogs require a great amount of work on your part. But if you are diligent, the rewards are absolutely worth it. They can be stubborn and bullheaded. They will test your patience at times. But in the end, Rotties are lovable and loyal and make a great addition to your family.

The breed is not for everyone. If you do not commit to training, socialization, etc., then you may end up with one of the dogs that the news media labels all Rottweilers to be. Dangerous. That does not have to be the case. No Rottweiler is born bad. A bad dog is trained to be that way, or neglected to the point that they don't know any better.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2