GO!

Hammering out a raw diet for my boy! Suggestions?!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 6:57am PST 
Adult on a 60 meal month
10% RMB (6 meals a month)
13% Green Tripe (8 meals a month)
10% Other Organ(6 meals a month, 3 being liver)
60% Muscle Meat(36 meals a month)
4 replacement meals a month from other sources(whole animals: squirrel, rabbit, fish; eggs with shell)

Comments welcome!!!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 7:42am PST 
Very good start, just need a couple of small tweaks I think.

5% liver and 5% other organ.

It is unlikely that a dog would do well on a bony meal every 5 days, feed bone daily at first and move to less often if possible. Be sure the bony meal contains an adequate amount of bone too. My dog would need a 10 ounce bit of whole bony chicken every three days for instance. If it was 10 ounces pork ribs and he ate all the bone then every 5 days but that would be really hard on him, super hard poop for a couple days and runny poop after that. If it is 10 ounces of beef rib he doesn't eat all the bone and it counts for one day's worth of bone.

Please look through Chance's site for a whole lot of information on feeding raw.
http://www.chanceslittlewebsite.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]