GO!

To those who feed raw and kibble

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Chloe

small but mighty

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 3:56pm PST 
If I feed kibble in the am and raw in the pm, does each raw meal have to contain bone to avoid loose stool? Or could I alternate a boneless meal and then bone in the next day?
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 5:26pm PST 
Really depends on the dog. Some exclusively raw fed dogs don't need bone every day to avoid loose stools and some do. It's much the same for 50/50 kibble/raw dogs. You should need less bone overall while feeding kibble, and may very well be able to feed some boneless raw meals, but you'll have to experiment with your dogs and see.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 8:29pm PST 
I'd probably want to feed bone daily until the gut was fine with the new diet then drop the amount of bone fed by changing one bony to one meaty meal per week and aim to feed 1-2 bony meals a week in the end. If the dog happens to need 2-3 or 3-4 bony meals then that is what you need to do though.

Most kibble is really high in calcium on its own already. If you have fed your dog a bony meal already you know how addictive bone feeding can be so trying to feed bony meals less often is a pretty good idea. Dogs adore bones and we love watching them enjoy them and seeing the clean teeth. I would love to give my dogs bones daily but it is worth it to feed boring 5 seconds and gone boneless meals every other day and get wonderful long chews on the other days.

Course it depends on the bony meat you are offering. Whole fish is low in bone content. Using something like one chicken foot for part of the bony meal is low bone content for a medium sized dog. The chicken quarters you find maybe be smaller or less bony than the chicken quarters I find for instance.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 5:32am PST 
It's totally depend on your dog, if your dog having problem than plz go to your vet and than you try food according to the suggestion of your vet.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:53pm PST 
After a couple years of PMR I’m back to ½ raw, ½ grain free kibble, mainly due to finances. I do 5-6 boneless meals a week, with 1-2 bone-in plus organ meals a week. Especially when you have smaller dogs it’s very easy to over-do the bone. I feed one meal a day, and mix kibble and boneless raw without issue. On bone-in days I don’t give any kibble.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 2:38am PST 
I would say it depends on your dog because some dog can digest it while others can’t. So I would recommend you to first try it for a few days and see the result. If your dog can digest it and don’t have any problem in defecating than go for it, otherwise don’t.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 6:58am PST 
Spam bot bumpity
[notify]