GO!

Feeding half raw half kibble

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Zeus

Everybody loves- me

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 7:29am PST 
Add 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the kibble meal until the stool becomes normal. If the runs persist then switch brands. I would also check on BB recalls or consumer complaints. I know they had a lot of issues with some of their dog kibble and cat kibble and refused to voluntarily recall their products. When looking for a kibble research and see if it has been recalled or how many times that company has had products recalled. I know Merrick, Fromms and Orijen are good. I feed Fromms Adult Gold and have a diabetic puppy eating Merrick Grain Free Buffalo and Sweet Potato. Both of these foods are close in price to BB. Orijen is expensive but an outstanding food.
[notify]
Lily and- Moira

Happy Birthday- to us!!!!

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 9:20am PST 
Lily and Moira are fed kibble and raw on different days. Recently I gave Lily a mixed meal because her pig hock wasn't large enough. She had loose stools for two days - from a dog who hasn't had that since we cleared up her colitis 5 years age. How big is your dog? Medium and large dogs do well fed once a day. I'm not familiar with small dogs.

Lily and Moira didn't do well with BB. Moira gets itchy so Lily has to finish the bag - and Lily's coat gets coarser - even on the grain free so I am done buying it. TOTW is better priced and works for my furgirls - Canidae if I want grain inclusive.

edit: Lily and Moira's tummies did well on kibble in the AM and raw in the PM. I switched to once a day because Moira's meals were so small that it wasn't satisfying to either of us. I didn't like serving little bits of food and she wasn't satisfied eating so little. Once a day is so much easier, too.

Edited by author Wed Jul 31, '13 9:25am PST

[notify]
Mason

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 9:08pm PST 
Thanks for the ideas. Although we have tried a few of your suggestions, they Were still having diarrhea. We have since gone back to all raw and their stool has returned to normal size, shape, and consistancy. I also spoke with their breeder today and got a suggestion from her so I will likely try it in a few weeks if I can find it. (they live in a different state from us and I have not heard of the brand before.)

For now it's back to all raw for us. I'll let you know when we try it again...
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2