GO!

Switching to 1/2 and 1/2 again.. *sigh*

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Feather

Just a quick nap- before bed- time!!

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:37am PST 
That's great, good for you. I think I might steal your recipe!

Where are you getting the venison? Are the pork and venison ground? Do you make up a huge batch and freeze with the supplements incuded? Or do you add supplements at feeding time?

Thanks for helping me...
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:56am PST 
My venison all comes from hunters. I just happened to have a hunter friend give me about 15 pounds of boneless venison a few weeks ago, because he was tired of eating it laugh out loud.

The venison is whole, so I cut it up into small bite-sized chunks. The pork was part ground and part whole, cut-up chunks. I don't like feeding anything larger than bite-sized piece of boneless, because my dogs are gulpers and have choked on boneless before.

I prepared an entire month's worth of food at once for both dogs. I cooked down the potatoes and greens and mixed those together, and I prepared all the meat and mixed it in a very large bowl. I added salmon oil (2-3 squirts x 30 [days]) and an estimated amount of sea meal, and mixed the whole thing by hand until it looked even. Then everything was weighed and added to small ziploc containers, each carrying 3 days worth of dinners. The egg shell and/or chicken feet were added on top of that amount, as well as the vitamin E supplement.

http://imgur.com/a/INQyx
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 9:39am PST 
Charlie that looks good. Nice variety.
[notify]

Feather

Just a quick nap- before bed- time!!

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:01am PST 
Thanks for the pics Charlie! Awesome. Looks good. Getting it all done and over with is good too. I see chicken hearts and gizzards too.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3