GO!

The Picky One

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 11:53pm PST 
Dunlop needs a RMB to help with his teeth. But he's picky as to what he will chew on. His favourite are lamb shanks, but the bone can break into small chunks perfect for getting caught in his palate. I've also tried :

Chicken wings
Chicken drum sticks
Chicken necks
Turkey Drum sticks (wouldn't even touch it confused)
Kangaroo fillets
chicken feet

Any ideas? He can't have beef as he has an allergic reaction to it. Both ears go red and hot and he smells "funky"
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 8:24am PST 
Maxwell suggests turkey necks, he has very rarely had one and thinks they are the best stuff ever. If turkey is yucky they wouldn't work though.

Pork? Cheap and the bones are all edible. The whole pork neck works well, it is a 7 in shape and I won't let Max eat the vertebra part, just the spine part. Feet are great and shanks are available as well. A little larger than lamb shanks too. Ribs might be too easy for him to get through but you could try them.

Fish? Max won't but a good sized fish head [not salmon, trout from the Pacific Northwest though] would be a good work out and the price is right.
[notify]