GO!

Close to giving up raw and holistic

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Sasha

Better watch- yourself!

Barked: Thu Jun 27, '13 6:23pm PST 
That's a good idea Maxwell thanks! It's so ingrained in me to give at least two meals a day I need to broaden my horizons. Dante is too young for that still but it may work for Sasha. Because I have noticed that, it seems a really tricky balance for me. Starting today I'll be cutting Dante down to 2 feedings instead of 3. However for both of them I'm worried, I've had alot of trouble with the bile puking. When I first got Dante he did it almost nightly for a while, Sasha just did this weekend. And I read that was just from their stomach being empty and being used to meals at an exact time. Have you or anyone reading had trouble with this?
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 2:00pm PST 
Sandy is on raw but ate 4 times a day . He has a id reflux. I tried all the medications and none worked. My vet recommended feeding him every 6 hours but sandy would not eat kibble every 6 hours. Then I switched to raw which he eats every 6 hours and has not been sick since. Before we switched to raw he did the bile puking followed by refusing to eat and lethargy which ends in a vet visit about 2-4 times a month.
[notify]
Max

I'm a lap dog,- seriously I am,- really.

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 1:24am PST 
Max has to have a completely random meal schedule, whether we're feeding daily or on a gorge/fast schedule. If he gets used to anything resembling a meal time, he'll bile puke if he isn't fed on the dot.

Making meals completing random, and with training snacks in there most days, no bile puke.
[notify]

Sasha

Better watch- yourself!

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 5:49pm PST 
Thanks guys smile Unfortunately neither completely random nor 6 times a day are at all feasible for me as i'm military. Get up at 4am to walk and feed them before work, drive home every lunch but work at minimum 12 hour days, so the only thing that could change would be dinner.
Tried a gorge/fast with Sasha today but she only ate half the chicken, which is basically a regular day for her soo don't know if that worked. shrug Dante i'm worried about AGAIN, as this morning's bile puking has drops of blood in it. Followed by not eating frown My hope? is that he maybe just swallowed one of his baby teeth or something silly. He's still pooping and mostly ok energy so we'll see. But honestly if he gets sick and goes off his food one more time I'm going to switch back to kibble. Him getting randomly sick every week is no good, and i'm needing to get his weight UP, not have him going off his food frown Hoping it's just the teething
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3