GO!

Beef kidney question

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Sasha

Better watch- yourself!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 1:13pm PST 
Hopefully this isn't a silly question, i haven't had the time to search through chance's prey model guide yet. I got a full beef kidney from my meat store the other day. The large white chalky? middle of it. What is that and do i feed it or not? When i was on the edges still and it wasn't much i left it in the pieces i was cutting, but when i hit the middle and that's all it was i cut it out and tossed it until hearing from you guys. Sasha has a sensitive stomach anyway so. Thanks!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 2:33pm PST 
That is fat. Good that you are watching how much goes in if she has trouble with fat.
[notify]
Sasha

Better watch- yourself!

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 1:52am PST 
Really? It's so hard and chalky looking..weird. Well i guess i'll be good giving her a decent amount of it, she gets a pretty high % of food, maybe around 3+ because she exercises and has a high metabolism, so we've had absolutely no trouble with weight gain since starting raw. Also trying to flood her with fish oils and everything else that could help with her coat. She had some decently nasty dermatitis on kibble that has eased a huge amount, but she's still not shiny lusterous coat like she should be. Maybe a little extra fat might help... shrug
[notify]