GO!

Dehydrated Liver Question

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Lacey

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 6:28pm PST 
Is there any problem with using dehydrated liver as part/all of the liver part of the diet?
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 9:17pm PST 
there's not really a problem. But dehyrdated liver will probably cost you more then fresh liver.

Do you have an issue with getting your pup to eat it?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:17pm PST 
The main problem is overfeeding liver as you have to factor in the missing water weight when you feed it dehydrated or freeze-dried.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 12:03am PST 
I feed all of my liver requirement dried and it's fine (my dog doesn't like raw). You do feed less. Giving it out as treats works for me.
[notify]
Lacey

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 5:47am PST 
Thanks for the input, especially the comment about the weight. I'm not sure I would have thought that through correctly and could have overfed...yikes.

Lacey doesn't dislike liver; I am considering getting dehydrated and wasn't sure how that would fit in with rest of diet.

Thanks much!
[notify]
Lacey

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 5:47am PST 
Thanks for the input, especially the comment about the weight. I'm not sure I would have thought that through correctly and could have overfed...yikes.

Lacey doesn't dislike liver; I am considering getting dehydrated and wasn't sure how that would fit in with rest of diet.

Thanks much!
[notify]