GO!

Shopping Alert for southern California - Cheap pork at Albertson's!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 12:12pm PST 
I was amazed to see $1 a pound whole pork butt roasts there. Bone in, Farmer John brand with 85mg sodium per serving.

Butt has the shoulder blade which is a softer bone, the top part of the leg bone and is also is fattier than the picnic. I will be taking some of the easy meat off to serve other times and cutting at the joint so there will be 2 big bony meals for Max from one roast. I was completely out of pork, got one and am going to get more today for the freezer.

Also KVMart has beef for $2.39 a pound this week. Not a great price but probably as good as it gets these days. No nutritional labeling there so unknown sodium. Really nice shopping there, goat chunks [mostly bone], chicken feet and other giblets, liver and kidney, tongue, heart and other interesting bits.... If you are in so Cal there is one within a reasonable drive.

And I would love to get up to Super King for this one, lamb shoulder for $2.39 a pound. Maybe a $3 movie in Simi Valley and over to SK today? Very tempting!
[notify]