GO!

the beauty of my supermarkets

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Terry

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 8:56am PST 
I just found chcken necks,feet and back on packages at the aupermarket. They sell those and its common here. That with cow feet,liver,pig feet,kidney and others.

I can find a lot of things that usually are foubd as waste to the butchers because in my country they eat almost everything from the animal. I can even get intestines at the butchet because people here EAT THAT.

O_o
[notify]
Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 9:48am PST 
that's awesome!
[notify]
Terry

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 11:19am PST 
I can get quail,rabbit,lamb,veal,beef,chicken,fish,goat,pig,turkey and sea food. Including squid.

The first meats are expensive except quail and veal.. the others are once a week on sale.
[notify]

Bullie

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 10:21pm PST 
They sell them in my supermarket here in Florida too. Pigs ears, cheeks, tongue, hocks, tail, intestines... etc.
[notify]
Terry

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 6:45am PST 
Great!! Probably because there are lots of latin comunities and since we tend to eat lots of parts from the animals is easier to find everything.
[notify]
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 7:19am PST 
Our international market here is a gold mine! I can find all sorts of goodies you won't find in the typical grocery store. I giggle like a school girl when I find things like pork brains, duck heads, tongue,cheek kidney,liver,goat head,sheep head,pig head, pig hearts,beef hearts,chicken feet..etc. And, the prices are dirt cheap! Every once in awhile in the middle of porioning out the beef heart I think "Wow - this looks lean and meaty, wonder what it tastes like." but I haven't had the nerve to try it ..yet.
[notify]