GO!

Do I need to supplement organs with whole ground?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Bella &- Cougar

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 7:53am PST 
I am currently feeding my finicky schnauzer whole ground from MPC. She has never been that into food, though more so with raw. However, she would often NOT eat the bone in chicken, but sometimes would, and would occasionally eat the organs, but not regularly, no matter how I gave them to her - frozen, cooked, etc. So, I decided to try feeding her whole ground that I had for my sick cat and I have a lot left over. This has been the best idea! Not ideal since it's ground, but still seems better than kibble. She will eat the meat off of beef ribs and things like that for teeth cleaning, but my concern was she was not actually getting all of the necessary nutrients since she wasn't eating the bone or organs, so that's why I made the switch.

Anyway, her poop has never looked better! It's PERFECT!! But, while the container says "whole ground," it clearly is not the actual whole animal since it's only a 1 or 2 pound container. Do I need to supplement her with additional organs?
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 8:05am PST 
Looking at the MPC website, it seems that the "whole ground" products are indeed whole animals ground up and packaged. It's not one animal per container, they would be grinding up large numbers of animals at once, then packaging their product from the large tub of ground animal. So no, you would not need to add anything to them.
[notify]