GO!

My duke is now starting the raw meat diet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

duke

born to be with- this family

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 1:20pm PST 
I am very excited about after months if research I have decided to take the jump and duke Is going to start raw diet as of tomorrow been to collect my first week on turkey mince 2 and half pouches a day as they 400g each with duke being a 49kg mastiff at 16 months suffers terrible dry skin and rash etc so excited to see the change and hopefully make my boy look and feel better
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 1:45pm PST 
Good luck. The change in jake took about a week to notice. Don't forget to give bone in meat as well or you'll get runny poop. I dont think i was ever interested in my dogs poop till he started on raw.
[notify]
duke

born to be with- this family

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 2:53pm PST 
Thank u.. This mince is 80% meat and 20% he on this for a week so will see how it goes then I back to the lady who advising me on which next step to take it seems so difficult lol x
[notify]

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 6:53am PST 
It sure does seem hard starting out! I read and read and made up plans of action for ages before Max was off plain bony chicken.

Sounds like you have a good mentor making up meals as you go along That is awesome. If you want something to read as well you could look through Chance's primer on feeding raw.
http://www.chanceslittlewebsite.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]