GO!

hoping to go back to raw at the end of April!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 10:48am PST 
I found a company that makes a pre-made raw for big dog owners that is supposed to be complete and balanced, and it's the same price i'm paying for Orijen (which I get highly discounted.) Although it is not prey model style, I'm okay with that as it's still better than kibble, which my dogs have been on for a few months now.

We've been on Orijen 6 Fish. They do okay, but I'm still not thrilled with Bam's coat or Reyna's paw fur turning pink from licking.

I'm waiting until the end of April because we are going on a week long cruise in April and although the pet-sitter is fine with raw, I'd rather just make things easier.

I hope to continue to be able to supplement this particular diet with cheaper cuts of other meats, whenever I can find sales or whatever. I'm thinking Bam, for whatever reason, needs a higher fat content diet so I'm going to look into ways to make that happen as cheaply as possible.

Yay for being back on raw soon!
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 10:52am PST 
What's the company's name? My friend wants to go raw with his great Dane but says its too expensive id love to be able to pass the information along. Luckily I have a tiny dog and I can afford to feed Stella and chewys premade raw, but its too expensive for my friends great Dane.
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 10:56am PST 
Big Dog Naturals. Owned by a Mastiff breedersmile

It's not super cheap, it's possible in some areas to be able to feed raw home-made for cheaper, but I've exhausted all those options in my area at this point frown At least for having two dogs of this size.
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 1:08am PST 
Awesome! I've been trying out various kibbles with Conker, just to see how they compare, and have not been satisfied as much as I was with the raw foods. So back onto raw foods full-time he's gone.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 11:44am PST 
Glad you found a way to make it work. Nothing quite like raw way to go
[notify]