GO!

Main meat/ Mixing Protein

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Marley

Blame the deed,- NOT the Breed

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 7:39pm PST 
Interesting responses here. keep them coming lol. i thought when you cook the liver it destroys the nutrients? I tried to get her to eat it raw, seared, frozen and force feeding ( which we do not like). She just picks it out, she drives me insane lol. I'll see if i can get a grinder off craiglist. I'm desperate, but its amazing how much her health improves.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 8:58pm PST 
I wouldn't force it.

I remember when i used to feed mostly chicken livers. I would wrap the livers in foil and broil them until it was soft like a *patte* then i would take the cooked liver patte and mix it in with ground beef and give that to jake.

Cooking it might kill some of the nutrients but just like when people eat cooked liver. ** which im still at 22 forced by my grandmother to do every Thanksgiving silenced) it's still has some value. Same as freeze dried liver treats.

If she won't eat it cooked or seared or raw your best bet is to hide it in teh food.

Another thing i did for jake is feed him his weekly amout of organ stuffed in a chicken back. if you buy whole fryers anyway and you deconstruct it you get a nice chicken back. I used to snap those in half and then make a meatball with ground beef. In the middle of the meat ball i'd stuff jake's liver portion for a few days 2-3 then covers it with ground beef and stuff the back. He'd get a chicken back every 3 days so i knew he was getting his liver requirements raw and frozen in teh beef. He'd be nawing away at it unbenoughts to him eating the liver big grin

As for Ginders. If you have a good will in your area i suggest hitting that up.

So far in the last month i got a food processsor for $5.99, a juicer for $9.99, a dehydrator $8.99 and an awesome yogurt maker $3.99.

The list value of my processor is $99.99, the juicers value is $32.99, the Dehydrator on amazon is valued on sale at $54.99 and the yogurt maker is really for me but jake likes yogurt too so i include that 1/2 for him. But i have no idea what the real value is. And best of all with Good Wills at least in my area you can return stuff that doesn't work or breaks in the first 7 days. But i've never had to return anything. I even got jake's Dog freezer for $75. at a different good will List price probably when it was knew $300. But it's a few years old now as a model.

Good luck.
[notify]
Dozer

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 1:34pm PST 
Bone meal is the best, especially for gassy dogs (like mine) laugh out loud
[notify]

Dozer

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 1:47pm PST 
Also, my mom's dog hates liver too so she just keeps a fat jar around from when she is cooking and covers it in some of that, mmm nice tastey bacon grease. Some people advise as to not use cooked fats however. My dog has no problem with it as long as it's all mixed up in his dish with some green tripe... Maybe try that? Tripe is supposed to be amazing for dogs (as stinky as it is!)
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2