GO!

Who's got your Goat?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:33pm PST 
What does the raw community consider Goat?

I was curious if goat meat? How is goat meat ranked in raw feeding? is it closer to pork or beef? Or should I not feed goat meat raw?

*I ask because someone I know is having a party very soon and well... They're gonna be down a goat and they said i coudl have some of the parts for Jake.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 4:05pm PST 
A goat is a mammal so it's red meat. I'm sure the specific nutrient makeup can be looked up on nutritiondata.com. It's a perfectly fine meat to feed, I used to have cheap access to goat. Depending on where it is coming from it can have sort of a "farm-y" smell to it, a little different than your grocery red meat. It's not as lean as venison but I think it's leaner than beef (it's been a while). My dogs used to like goat tongue but it's been forever since I've gotten any.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 6:33pm PST 
Goat is closely related to sheep, just look at the head and eyes. I would rank goat above lamb as it is leaner and might feed it in preference to beef as it has better omega 3 and is leaner. I think it is billy goats that have the very best stink.
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 11:19am PST 
Saya likes goat I have goat pieces some is boneless and some have bone.

Some of bone is edible and some Saya can't eat.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 6:35pm PST 
I feed a lot of goat. Good stuff:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/lamb-veal-and-game-pro ducts/4637/2
[notify]