GO!

Acidophilus

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barbaro

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 2:46pm PST 
I started giving Barbaro acidophilus but I don't know if I should give it once a day or twice. What do you guys do?
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 3:47pm PST 
Depends on the number of live organisms per pill. I would check the label for dosage. Duke's holistic vet recommends 20 million to 500 million live organisms per dose/per day.

Also check the strain(s). Not all probiotic supplements are the same. See this summary from a very reliable source:

http://www.dogaware.com/diet/supplements.html#probiotics
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 4:59pm PST 
I don't really follow instructions with this, I give what works. If the dog is still having digestive issues, I bump up the dose. If stuff is looking good, I drop it down and see what happens.
[notify]