GO!

Has anybody seen this blog about raw feeding?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:48pm PST 
One vet's research on feeding raw

A vet put her dogs on a ground raw food and made some observations on how it all went. Very nice reading I thought. I don't remember seeing it posted here and think you all might like to take a look. Her last post on AAFCO levels is very interesting and extremely pertinent to a lot of our concerns on feeding raw.

I couldn't find my official dogster link maker and used this instead. It worked fine in preview but here is the actual address if it doesn't work.
http://dramyrawdogfoodresearch.com/RawDogFoodResearch/Welcome _1.html
[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 10:05pm PST 
The whole thing sounds too much like an infomercial for Answers so I am not impressed.

I would like to see this whole thing on a variety of dogs on a variety of raw diets.
[notify]
Daisy

Use your nose!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 11:25pm PST 
I like it! As for it being only a few dogs on one type of raw, give me a break. This is one person doing all this, not a company that can have X+ dogs. As it is, she doesn't even seem to be promoting Answers yet as (at least what I read) the trial isn't over yet. She is just being honest and reporting all her variables. I would be very curious to see where this goes.
[notify]

Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:55am PST 
Interesting! I've looked for raw feeding blogs like this. Too bad she doesn't have RSS; I'd love to subscribe on Google Reader. The site layout is a bit chaotic, but the content is good.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 11:30am PST 
Definitely an interesting read, particularly the last article, thanks for sharing!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 7:29pm PST 
My same thoughts as Duke the layout is chaotic, but not everyone is great at making websites..

I'm still checking it out myself, but looks interesting I'll read it all fully tomorrow I need get off to read a book and get to bed.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 9:30pm PST 
Daisy, that's what I'm saying. I'm not impressed because this is just another one for the long pile of anecdotal evidence like preymodelraw.com that we already know about that's why we feed our dogs raw. It's not compelling evidence for showing to kibble people like that writer for Modern Dog that we're not "extremists" types.

What would impress me is REAL scientific research studies done on raw feeding that is compelling evidence to debunk the myths against raw feeding.
[notify]
Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 1:59pm PST 
Guest, I feel it has more value than just an anecdote, because it has the bloodwork to back it up.
To get money for any sort of statistically significant study, you need to be able to point to prior research indicating there is value in what you are hoping to look at.
This could be one such example of prior research, and I would like to see the vet involved write it up as such. It's a good first step.
[notify]