GO!

Feeding raw diet . . . fish?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 4:17am PST 
Is there any fish that I can 'farm' in my goldfish pond that would be good for feeding? Landlocked here in middle Tennessee and I haven't seen suggestions for fresh water fish in raw diets. Which freshwater fish have you fed your akita and do you actually catch them or buy them from grocery or 'fish farms'?

I looked into raising rabbits on-site, but I don't think that I could butcher a rabbit. It seems a little disturbing to me. Does anyone out there raise their own food for the raw food diet?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 10:18am PST 
If you would eat the fish then the dog can eat the fish. Trick is fish is low in a lot of minerals dogs need so shouldn't be used for a high percentage of the diet. I only feed fish for the omega 3 content and would never buy fresh water farmed fish. Maybe you could feed better food and your fish would be more nutrient rich?

Somebody here did buy rabbits and bred them but I haven't seen them post about using them for food yet.
[notify]