GO!

FREEZE DRIED RAW/RAW BOOST

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Maddie

got any food???

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 1:16pm PST 
Well, I know that eveyrone is screaming at me saying that fixing raw food myself is the most cost efficient and best thing to feed my pup. BUT, I don't have the space, time, or guts to even try that right now. I have a dog with chronic skin years infections. Right now she is eating LID Turkey Instinct. I just started her on enzymes, probiotics, omegas, and bathing regularly with DERmagic shampoo and lotion. I was wondering if starting her on freeze dried raw boost kibble or adding raw boost to her current kibble would help? Or what about the frozen? I really like Instinct for my price range and quality.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 4:27pm PST 
I have some of the frozen patties in my freezer, I like them. though I don't rely on them. I think you'd like them too, they are easy to manage. and if you can afford them, I think they will be more beneficial to your dog than the kibble raw mixes.

Always buy the patties because they are more cost efficient.
They are 8 oz each and since my dog eats 3 oz a day, I break them up like this:
feed her half a patty one day (4 oz) and 1/4 a patty the next day (2 oz). They are easy to cut up that way. and it evens out to 3 oz a day.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 5:27pm PST 
The Stella and chewys brand makes both frozen and freeze dried patties. The frozen are cheaper, but the freeze dried are nice for traveling. They also make treats so u can go all raw food.
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 7:52pm PST 
I have yet to see any positive difference between the raw boost and regular Instinct kibble. (I'm currently trying it out.)
[notify]
Maddie

got any food???

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 3:48am PST 
How long have you been on it? Does your dogs have yeast issues or food allergies?
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:11pm PST 
Eh, a week maybe? Conker does not have yeast problems, but he has a wheat and corn intolerance, and has possibly got problems with chicken. Sometimes it seems he does, sometimes not, so I am generally wary with chicken-based foods. So far he is not showing any negative side-effects he has in the past.
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:12pm PST 
I feed a mixture of kibble and freeze dried raw. You just have to know what your dog likes. Mine wouldn't touch Nature's Variety frozen. They like Addiction, love Honest Kitchen. I haven't tried Stella and Chewy's as it is quite a bit more expensive than Honest Kitchen.
[notify]
Maddie

got any food???

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:08am PST 
considering I have a pug, which are like little hunger hippos, I really don't think she would turn her nose up to ANYTHING I feed her! laugh out loud
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:13am PST 
I would keep the diet as simple as possible for an allergic dog. Unless the boost has the same ingredients as the kibble she is on don't give it.

Raw is good for allergic dogs because it is a simple diet that is easy to customize. Premade stuff isn't simple and isn't suitable for allergic dogs.
[notify]