GO!

dogs who don't like green tripe?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:32pm PST 
My dog won't eat her dehydrated green beef tripe?? I give this so sparingly. I just happen to buy a bag of it from a website, no longer available. With her recent dry skin and my constant doubts about not giving her ENOUGH in her diet, I have given her a piece of this dehydrated green tripe treat and she will take it (I make her eat it outside, it's smelly and messy) but she won't eat it! She just leaves it for the ants. It's frustrating after hearing so much about how all dogs will loooove tripe, why won't my dog eat it? I have tried re hydrating it. Still no go.

Does anyone else have a dog who doesn't like green tripe?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 9:30pm PST 
If she is anything like Max she wants you to watch her eat. My two would leave chewies alone in the crates when we went out and then eat them when we came home.

Sassy stopped liking green tripe but I was mixing it with all sorts of supplements, she might have decided it wasn't worth it. And it might have been too fatty for her at that point.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 6:23pm PST 
I will try sitting out with her while she has it. You may just be onto something.
Cookie also only likes to gnaw her chewies whenever I am home. (isn't it a shame.. I buy all these things to keep her occupied when I'm gone, but she won't touch them until I am back home!)

Silly dogs...
[notify]

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 1:31pm PST 
It's a low-level of separation anxiety, to not eat when the owner is away. Ember does it to a point... She'll take chews, but usually doesn't finish them until I'm with her.

Anyway... My dogs just aren't crazy about eating outside. I still make them sometimes, but for the most part they're too busy with other, outdoorsy things to want to bother with chews or food. Also they really enjoy burying things and standing guard. It's like they get a kick out of just having it and want to save it for a while. Which is fine, but gross to deal with later.

My guys also are not crazy about crunchy tripe, as it usually is in treat form. They prefer fresh stuff.
[notify]