GO!

feeding ground with organs/bone

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Lacey

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 5:06am PST 
In the mornings, I'm feeding ground with bone and organ from My Pet Carnivore. MPC states they aim for a 80/10/10 ratio. My concern is whether there is enough liver, since it is supposed to be half the organ meat. I emailed MPC; they responded but didn't guarantee there was 5% liver (which I understand). I feel I should add in some liver occasionally...any feedback on whether you would do the same? If so, how much? I feed her 16 ounces per day total (based on a 52 pound dog). Thank you in advance for any feedback.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 6:54am PST 
I do. Max gets an organ grind and it is half meats like tongue and lung which aren't organs and half liver, kidney, spleen and such which are. His grind is also mixed proteins so I am concerned about there being enough copper as beef and lamb have plenty but pork and the poultry organs are a bit low in copper. I am good enough I can see liver in the grind but not good enough to tell how much of it is beef or lamb so I do add more liver, maybe 25% over the month. Max gets a low percentage of his body weight per day and is a senior dog so I am concerned about his assimilating nutrients and getting plenty of them.
[notify]
Lacey

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:00am PST 
Thank you. Since Lacey is supposed to have about 5.5 ozs of liver per week,I was thinking of adding 2 ozs per week...how does that sound? Is there any danger in feeding a little too much liver?
[notify]