GO!

Bison Rib Bone

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 4:23pm PST 
So, my shop got in a LOAD of these big bags of Bison Rib Bones - I swear, it has at least twelve bones in it, possibly more and they're obviously very long and thicker than your average pork or beef rib bone.

Anyway... I bought the bag cause it was only $12. Can't beat that price!

But I'm wondering... Would it be something I can just give to the dogs? These's no way they can swallow it whole..

I've given raw meaty bones before, but they've always been thicker or more along the lines of knuckle bones, etc. The Bison Rib Bones are sliced singularly, so this one is a little new to me.

I'm essentially hoping for a raw bone that I can give the dogs when I leave to keep them occupied for a few hours.

Thoughts?

I just gave them each a marrow bone and they're having a hayday with that! And I bought a pack of these dehydrated Bison Heart treats too because they're all natural and they love those too.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:38am PST 
I give JT beef ribs to chew, they aren't very meaty but he strips off the sinew and then eats the ends and abandons the middle. They are pretty hard, he can't eat the whole thing, but frozen they are a nice summer chew which keeps him quiet at my feet while I'm working. wink Which I enjoy very much!
[notify]