GO!

Allergies enhanced meats

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 12:40pm PST 
What is there in the enhancement of meats to be allergic to?
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:51pm PST 
Anyone? I've heard this claimed a lot but no one has told me what's in the enhancement to be allergic to. Does anyone know?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:59pm PST 
I haven't heard of it being so much an allergy as an intolerance experienced by some animals to whatever is injected into the meats or to the increased levels of sodium when meats are enhanced.
[notify]

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:02am PST 
Not so much full-on allergies, more like bad reactions to the extremely increased levels of sodium that is in the "broth" injected into enhanced meats.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:21pm PST 
Thank you. That makes sense although on occasion, I've heard it referred to as allergies for some reason.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:57pm PST 
Treatment can mean spending time talking to patients about their physical and
emotional problems, examining their diet and exercise habits, and doing blood tests to look for medical or environmental causes for depression...

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 12:56pm PST

Approved by forums moderator

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:49pm PST 
Treatment for what?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:02pm PST 
Why was that post approved by mods? I don't think enhanced meats are making our dogs clinically depressed. shrugthinking

And good luck trying to get a dog to talk to you about diet, exercise, etc.

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 4:03pm PST

[notify]