GO!

Raw to Kibble?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 4:39pm PST 
I've been on Acana, even through the shortages, my dogs do fantastic on it. I think Orijen would be too much protein for either of them. That said, I was considering Horizon Legacy or Wellness, in the instance that I couldn't get Acana anymore.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 12:21pm PST 
Of kibbles I've used I liked these: Taste of the Wild, EVO, Nature's Variety Instinct, and Fromm Four-Star grain-free.

Taste of the Wild would probably be your best bet out of those. It's widely available, tends to be lower in price (though I just saw a price hike of $2 in my area), and has relatively high-quality ingredients.
I tend to buy kibble that has damaged packaging, was returned, or opened, since it's way cheaper. When I do that it goes straight into the freezer because it is no longer sealed, but if i am not going to use it right away I will tape it shut real good and stick it in a large garbage bag to protect it further. I have yet to have a problem with doing it that way.

Edited by author Sun Jan 13, '13 12:22pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2