GO!

eye boogers

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Presley- Dillon

People should- pet me more!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:07am PST 
Happy New Year Everyone!!

Presley has started getting teary eyes, any thoughts on why?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 11:33am PST 
Max gets those when he eats wheat. He happens to respond quickly so withholding it clears it up in a few days.

If he is getting commercial mixed ingredient products just discontinue those for a week to see if things change. If it helps you could add back in individual ingredients in them to see which is the trigger. As in if I was using Natural Balance roll and eyes cleared up after I stopped using it I might look through and try feeding sugar to see if that triggered the problem or wheat or rice. I was using NB roll and just stopped using it! It wasn't until a large piece of toast went missing and Mr. Max was the one that suddenly got huge eye boogers that I figured it out!

If he is only getting meats and eye boogers are a new thing then take out the last protein introduced first. Remember that some fish will produce allergic type reactions if somewhat spoiled so if you are feeding a new purchase of fish check to see if it is one that can cause scombroid poisoning.
[notify]
Presley- Dillon

People should- pet me more!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 4:04pm PST 
Thanx Max for the info! I don't give Presley any treats & I haven't added anything new to his diet, but maybe the whole Salmon that I fed him was the culprit. I'll just have to keep a close watch and see if it happens again...
I feed Presley- Beef, Pork, venison, chicken, turkey, fish, quail, rabbit, and
the occasional squirrel, but he hasn't had squirrel in months, and the others he eats on a very regular basis from the same sources, so I'm currently quite confused as to what could have caused it. Keep in mind that it always clears up, but this is probably the 3rd time that he's gotten eye boogers in the last 2 months.
[notify]