GO!

Day one - loose stool

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Chloe

small but mighty

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 2:26pm PST 
Today was day one of my second attempt at PMR. I started them all out on leg quarters. The male husky had loose stool just now, the other two have not gone #2 yet. I'm already starting to feel overwhelmed like i was before about if i'm going to be able to get this right and wondering if their bodies will adjust.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 2:39pm PST 
They will adjust.

Did you remember to buy chicken that has less than 100mg sodium per serving? I usually forget to mention that one. If so the chicken has been plumped up with saline and that often upsets dog stomach for some reason. The bag or package should have a nutrition box on it with that information.

If the chicken is fine and even if you need to get something else for tomorrow pull the skin off the quarters for the first diet adjustment. Remember raw is high fat, high protein, low residue so perhaps the skin added more fat than your dog could handle during transition.
[notify]
Shadow

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 5:00pm PST 
I removed most of the fat and did check the sodium content. The female huskies poop was normal so hopefully it will stay that way and the male will adjust.
[notify]