GO!

Skulls, bones and guts - A few Questions

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 12:06pm PST 
My two have both happily consumed goat skulls in their entirety, so I imagine lamb skulls wouldn't be much different. It would be dependent upon how strong of a chewer your dog is. Also, I have a friend whose dog isn't as powerful of a chewer, and she regularly gets pig skulls. She simply takes a sledge hammer to them to break them open and let her dog consume what she wants.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 2:33pm PST 
I've fed pig heads and a lamb head, and Onyx didn't have any trouble with either. The lamb head took a lot longer and he didn't finish it all, but it was larger than the pig heads I've given. The pig heads he's always eaten completely.

Neither dog showed much interest in the lamb legs, which surprised me because I thought they'd be nice chews. I guess they took a pass because the legs were basically fur, bone, and hoof, with pretty much no meat. Onyx does like pig feet though, and they're supposed to be good for keeping teeth clean. I don't do anything to the chicken feet I buy and we've never had problems.

Like Maxwell said, I probably wouldn't bother with the intestines.

Edited by author Wed Dec 26, '12 2:35pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2