GO!

Any RAW feeders in Barrie ONTARIO?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cheza

my wolf- instincts are- tingling...

Barked: Mon May 17, '10 6:36pm PST 
I am looking for fellow raw feeders from Barrie to help me out... do you have any special suppliers or place where I can get good prices for bulk raw especially whole prey: rabbits, chicks, baby pigs etc.. blue dog
[notify]
Lincoln

I have no off- switch

Barked: Mon May 17, '10 6:45pm PST 
Im not from Barrie but am about 2 hours south in Niagara wave
[notify]
Kelly

I was born to- run

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 7:24am PST 
South in TO. My friend gets a 25-30 lb box of chicken carcasses (breast, drumstick and thigh removed) for $8.00 from a wholesaler in Scarborough. I get mine in chinatown for about the same price/lb. I think either Schneiders, Swift or one of the big meat packers has an outlet store somewhere in the GTA with similar pricing.
[notify]

Cheza

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 8:20am PST 
Thanks! I'm down there once in a while so I'll check that out AND I completely forgot about china town I'll probably get great finds down there way to go
[notify]
Duke

Dukey Bear!!

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 4:26pm PST 
Hi wave

Im in Sutton, Ontario... across the lake from you smile
I've been getting some cuts of meats from my local butcher.
Like today, i got oxtail, ground chicken (bones and all), and chicken backs and necks.
With the ground chicken, theyre in blocks...so i weighed them out and have enough food for 3 days. Doesnt sounds like much...but im feeding half and half right now (kibble some days, Raw the others)
The ONLY reason i havent gone completely raw, is the lack of available meats.
If i found a supplier, or maybe even someone to buy into a wack load of raw with me...
I'd feed full raw in a heartbeat!!!!
[notify]
Cheza

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 6:12pm PST 
I buy most of my meat from my local grocery store "Food Land" but they don't have enough variety and they are kind of expensive. I found someone who I can buy chicken necks and backs from 25lbs for $15 but I don't know if I can fit that much in my freezer! I don't know anyone else who I could share it with BOL! I also found a supplier who lives by Georgian Bay and they sell baby pigs, chicks, rabbits, guinea pigs, pheasants, quails etc but you have to buy in bulk and I'm still trying to find out the prices...
I'm hoping for the best price wise...confused
[notify]
Duke

Dukey Bear!!

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 6:46pm PST 
There is a supplier in Innisfil...
I want to get a hold of them this week and find out more as of prices.

Do you know of anywhere you can buy in big quantities?? maybe we can split it?

If i was able to get good quality meats at a good price, id give up kibble in a heartbeat...
Oh there is also another place in Brooklyn,Ontario....
This lady gets meats from the slaughter houses, and all her meats her human grade.
[notify]
Cheza

Barked: Wed May 19, '10 6:14am PST 
Definetely we could split. I'm going to keep looking around today for any bulk suppliers and I'll let you know what I findblue dog

Also I just found a butcher shop who delivers orders the next day. Not sure of the prices yet ... But it would be a great monthly place though because it comes in bulk and there is lots of variety almost every meat you can think of!snoopy
[notify]
Duke

Dukey Bear!!

Barked: Wed May 19, '10 6:46am PST 
hi wave

Oh wow, you dont find many butchers who will deliver smile

Let me know what you find, and we can work something out big grin

I know my boys are absolutely so happy this morning, they got raw again shock
Usually they only get it about 3 times a week, but with the meats i found yesterday, they get it tilll the weekend...im sure by friday theyll be doing this lol hail
[notify]
Kelly

I was born to- run

Barked: Wed May 19, '10 1:54pm PST 
I just found out the name of that outlet store:

Maple Lodge Farms
8301 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Norval, Ontario, L0P 1K0
(Winston Churchill Boulevard & Steeles Avenue, just bordering the city of Brampton)
Phone: (905) 455-8340 Ext. 6
Open: Mon. to Thurs. 9 - 8; Fri. 9 - 9; Sat. 8 - 6; Sun. 9 - 5; Holidays 10 - 5

Here's the blurb from bestbuys.ca
Maple Lodge Farms is an independent, family owned, Canadian company. This company has grown to become a leading supplier of fresh poultry and further processed poultry products. Here's your chance to save on all your favorite chicken products by purchasing direct from the factory. You'll find breakfast products, chicken wieners, deli meats, fresh chicken, fresh whole birds, fresh bagged birds, chicken boxed meats, individually frozen chicken pieces and Zabiha Halal chicken. This factory outlet deals in bulk orders, so the more you buy the more you save. If you're looking to purchase smaller quantities drop by The Chicken Shop just down the road where you can purchase smaller quantities while trying out some of their freshly cooked products. Call for weekly specials.

I just got some prices
$20 for 18 kg chicken backs (CSR said they're bony with not a lot of meat on them)

$75 for 18 kg chicken breast, bone in skin on.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3