GO!

Is kibble really that bad?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 32 of 32: Viewing entries 311 to 319)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  
Duppy- Conquerer- ~*CGC*~

cesorship wont- silence my bark

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '09 11:50am PST 
holy moley!!! I missed a lot!!

IMHO, raw is basically the best. I stuck basically in there, because there could be dogs that just couldn't tolerate it for whatever reason. I'm not a scientist, or a statistitian, so I don't have any surveys or studies to prove that either way. All I know is, I do what's best for my dogs, to the best of my capabilities, and I think that is the right thing to do. If I could afford to feed Duppy a raw diet of only duck, fish, and lamb, I would. I can't, so I feed the best kibble. I spend 50$ for a month and a half's worth of kibble for him, where as if I were to feed that raw, (no chicken or beef) I'd be spending 100$+ a month. I just can't do it, so we go with kibble. He gets a complete diet, and he's healthy, and that's what matters most to me.

Now Lucy and Kiro, I can get buy feeding them on average between 20-30$ worth of raw food a month, and they still get a complete diet, and it's raw. So there's no point in changing that, especially when they do so well on it, and I know I am giving them the best.

I like what Lilith said at the very beginning of this thread- Moderation! When I have kids, I'll be feeding them the best I can. But that's not going to say that they're never going to get junk food, or an express breakfast of Quaker Oatsquares. Might not be the best, but it's the best that I can do, and that's what counts. If I could afford to have all fresh, organic food for myself, heck, you bet that's all I'd be eating!!!! I can't, so I do what's best for myself. Does that mean, because I can't afford the best of the best, that I can't have kids, or animals? I surely don't think so.

Know thy dog, do what's best for thy dog. (know thyself and take care of thyself!) I think thats a reasonable standard to go by?'
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '09 11:54am PST 
That's a funny point Duppy, if I had kids, i'm not going to refuse them chocolate or junk or make them be organic or vegetarians, but for my dogs, they aren't allowed a dog treats with dye in themlaugh out loud

not that I'd love human kids less!!!!!

Sad story though, one of my relatives had a daughter and never let her have sweets, the little girl died of cancer. Healthy diets can not stop harmful genes or environmentfrown
[notify]
Buddy and Sadie

We are Brother- and Sister!

Barked: Fri Dec 25, '09 7:51pm PST 
Duppy! applause
[notify]

Sike

Brilliant- Mastermind

Barked: Fri Dec 25, '09 8:21pm PST 
I think the real question is, "Is raw really THAT good?"

Yes, yes it is! cheer
[notify]
Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Sat Dec 26, '09 2:01pm PST 
I know this thread is old and... hilariously dead, but I wanted to add something.

Before I fed raw, I fed Innova Evo. You know, the six star kibble, the best of the best, "so good it's like raw but it's kibble."

Basically, I was pleased with what I fed, except for that nagging doubt that it was the best I could do. I didn't expect much in the way of improvement in Miss's coat. I thought her poops were as small as they would get. I was so wrong. So, so wrong.
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 6:22am PST 
Kibble is very bad for dogs. It is really dehydrating for them.Kibble also contains nasty ingredients (im not going to mention them, yuk). I feed a raw prey model style diet to Delta, after Delta developed allergies to her kibble. The stupid vets at PetSmart reccomended a VEGAN diet for Delta. She said that in the wild dogs would commonly eat a lot if plant matter and that they mainly eat the stomach contents of their prey. I knew that dogs do not eat the stomach contents if their prey. Many people are misguided by this, and belive that dogs are omnivores.Delta also lost a lot of weight. Our regular vet (who is wonderful) reccomended a raw diet for Delta. She is doing so well on it. It makes me mad to see what the "pet food" industry has done. Sigh.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 11:58am PST 
Good golly, this thread is nearly 4 years old. Let's leave it be!
[notify]
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:02pm PST 
Oh wow... What a ridiculous (and old) thread... Ugh

Edited by author Tue Jun 25, '13 12:03pm PST

[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:36pm PST 
Yeah first post is in 2009 haha.

I don't see point in bashing kibble like that..

Not all kibble have bad ingredients like menadoine or whatever.. Not everyone can afford to feed raw due to job, money or whatever or not enough time.

I like raw diet over kibble, but I'm not going to try make kibble feeders feel bad..

I mean I want kibble feeders to respect my decision to feed raw and not clog my FB wall or pics with eww why you feed that. or whatever.

I'm sure kibble feeders expect the same.. Eww kibble your killing your dog? I don't go posting that on their walls or pics of dogs..

Someone actually posted Eww why do you feed that to your dog?! Umm Don't like my feeding practices and don't like snakes? Then fing get off my FB wall and unfriend me no need for such dumb comments.

I don't go to her wall and go you feed eukanuba? Gross! eek
[notify]
  (Page 32 of 32: Viewing entries 311 to 319)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32