GO!

PERSONAL RAW FEEDING GUIDE (New and Improved)

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 8 of 32: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]  
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Thu May 29, '08 11:10am PST 
Sneaky littel spreadsheet, aren't you? Get back up there!!
[notify]
Cooper

I may be short,- but I have a big- heart!

Barked: Thu May 29, '08 6:33pm PST 
At the risk of sounding like a do-do bird, may I ask a question? I'm not sure which column in the vitamins/mineral section is the amount to feed per day. I see lots of numbers there, but not sure which one to apply to my feedings (such as Vitamin E). Does that make sense? Thank you in advance for helping a doggie out!
[notify]
"Angel"- Rosie

Rosie - World Class- Chewer

Barked: Fri May 30, '08 3:21am PST 
Hi, another slightly dumb one here... how do I know what % body weight to use?? I've put in Rosie's ideal body weight (which is considerably less than her current weight (she weights 52 but should be around 35). So I put 35 as ideal weight - but what is the body weight % fed I should use???

Excellent spreadsheet - I really hope its going to help in getting that extra weight off Rosie.
[notify]

Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Fri May 30, '08 7:02am PST 
Cooper, you can use the first yellow column that lists vitamins and minerals by grams/mgs. The amounts of vitamins and minerals are calculated by how many calories your pup eats (based on his weight and activity level) PER DAY. Most of us have found that it is easier to calculate the nutritional values by weeks, since some pups eat such small amounts and/or eat only once a day, its not that easy to get recommended daily amount of vitamins and minerals every day, so weekly amounts work out better. Remember this is a guide, you just want to make sure that you are not grossly deficient of excessive in any given nutrient.
[notify]
Tikka

Barked: Fri May 30, '08 7:09am PST 
Rosie, determining the % to feed of bodyweight is individualized for every pup based on their metabolism, activity levels, age, etc. Generally, growing puppies may need up to 6% of body weight; adult dogs with average activity levels should be fed 2.5-3% of bodyweight. Older, sendentary, or dogs that need to lose weight may only need 1.5-2% of their BW.

Decide on a percentage and then watch for a few days. If you see weight coming off, then that's probably the right amount. If not, you may need to reduce the amount a bit. You don't want a drastic weight loss....slow and consistent is more healthy. Also, Rosie's body will change in subtle ways after eating raw for awhile. Tikka's chest got bigger and overall she became more muscular looking. Good luck!
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '08 2:37am PST 
bump
[notify]
Tikka

Barked: Thu Jun 26, '08 5:22am PST 
Bump for Arfie!
[notify]
Sushi (Never- Forgoten)

Never Forgoten

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 7:28pm PST 
Bump
[notify]
Tsuki

...and I'm over- here!!

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 8:18pm PST 
this is SUCH a great resource! Thanks to all who helped create it and those who bumped it!! cheer
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 8:06am PST 
Okay, I finally got around to printing this darn thing out, but it prints out so tiny, I can't read it! I tried setting the page to print bigger, but it just ignored me and printed out the same size anyhow. Is there a way to fix this, or do I just get a magnifying glass? smile
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 32: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]