GO!

PERSONAL RAW FEEDING GUIDE (New and Improved)

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 32: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Josie - CGC

California Girl

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 2:46pm PST 
Yowsa wowsa! You guys outdid yourselves!!
[notify]
Moxie

Vertically- challenged hound- dog

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 2:58pm PST 
We don't mind if its shared... we mind if you have an opportunity and DON'T share it, BOL!
[notify]
Jin

I'm going with- you, right?

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 5:33pm PST 
I saw the first board regarding the original spreadsheet and downloaded Excel Viewer just to see what it was like and I was impressed -- couldn’t wait to see Tikka’s addition to it. big grin Now I’ll download the free version of Excel (thanks, by the way, Fudge) and this upgraded version of the spreadsheet and get familiar with it.

We’re not raw feeders yet, but just as soon as I’m on my own and buying my own food I plan to start preparing to switch them over. This is a great tool you guys have given the raw feeding community and one I’m sure will become invaluable. way to go I only have one question: would this work to figure out approximates for cats as well? I’m not entirely sure how different they may or may not be, which is why I ask.
[notify]

Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 7:02pm PST 
Hey, Jin wave

The nutritional profile part of the spreadsheet will not work for cats. They have different energy requirements and nutritional needs.

The NRC source that I listed in my last post does have the nutritional table for cats. If you can find the book (check it out from a nearby university library or purchase it), you can modify the spread sheet using the data from the table on pg 366.
[notify]
Tikka

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 7:05pm PST 
Yeah, Josie. So much for the so-called "experts" who say us raw fed dogs are just fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, misguided, fad loving, kibble hating freaks! HA!
[notify]
Arko

ah..finally a- good life...

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 8:13pm PST 
so i still cant open it...i have open office, google docs, etc....it says page cannot be displayed....

any ideas?
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 8:16pm PST 
Sounds like you are trying to open the link in your browser.... if that's the case, you need to save the file to your computer. If you are on a PC right-click the link and select "Save Link As.." (Or "Save Target As..." depending on what browser you are using). Then open the file using Open Office from wherever you saved it, such as your desktop.
[notify]
Arko

ah..finally a- good life...

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 8:17pm PST 
i just click it....and its says "page..." no window comes up askng me to save to a disk or anything....

oh *sigh*
[notify]
Jin

I'm going with- you, right?

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 9:12pm PST 
Thanks Tikka! wave Now that you say that I'm telling myself "duh!" and feeling kind of foolish. laugh out loud I'll definitely check out that book and maybe even buy it for myself. Thanks again. way to go
[notify]
Tikka

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 5:32am PST 
Hey, Arko. Try Kolbe's suggestion and save it to your computer before opening the spreadsheet. You can also right click on the link and click on "Open in New Window" to see if it will open that way, if you haven't already tried that.

Also, can you find someone who has Excel (check with your boss at work even)? Email the link to them and have them download the spreadsheet and save it as an Excel file and email it back. If you have downloaded the program Fudge posted about, you should be able to open the spreadsheet and save it to your computer. big grin
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 32: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]