GO!

My rattie is experiencing nerve pain.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dickens

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 12:33pm PST 
My 4 year old neutered male rattie (who is without a doubt the BEST dog ever) has an ongoing problem with occasional, sudden sharp pain, which appears to be in his hindquarters - where his tail begins or sometimes the outside of his thigh. He will suddenly yelp, and run forward almost as if something had bitten him hard. There is no lameness and no lasting symptoms - just these brief, sudden episodes. Most often, he is lying quietly when it occurs - sometimes it wakes him from a sound sleep. There is no history of similar problems with his dam/sire or siblings. His anal glands have been checked. He is now seeing a pet chiropractor and this is helping but none of us can figure out what is causing the problem. Has anyone else come across similar symptoms??

BTW, this is our first rattie and he is an absolutely amazing companion. But I am preaching to the choir - if you are on the rattie forum, you already know how great they are!
[notify]