GO!

Why I love my Rat

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Diamond (In- loving- memory)

Ain't talk 'bout- food, I ain't- listenin'

Barked: Sat May 15, '10 9:48am PST 
When my family first got Diamond, we knew she was a Fox and a Rat Terrier mix, I never liked to say a Rat Terrier b/c used to laugh thinking she was a real rat b/c she was so small...lol, just LOVE my dog I have had her for almost 13 yrs now. I think she looks more like a Fox Terrier, what do you guys think?
[notify]
Pepper

AKA Happy Feet

Barked: Wed Oct 20, '10 6:50pm PST 
I love my rat. I also really loved reading why everyone else loves their rats! Pep, like so many of yours, is attached to my hip. Unless she is fast asleep, dead to the world, she will be by my side every time I leave the room. She even follows me in and out of the bathroom. Good to know I'm not the only one with a rat shadow!
Like many others, I love her enthusiasm, her non-stop kisses, the fact that she can jump into my arms. I love how she is ALWAYS up for a snuggle and that she loves snuggling so much that if you try to move her she lets out this oh-so-annoyed, how-dare-you-i'm-sleeping exacberated groan and stubbornly moves back into position. Even if this means you can no longer get up to do whatever you were heading off to do.
And possibly unique to mine... I love her adorable little underbite, the fact that her ears are too floppy and her tail too curly. I love how her tail wags up and down instead of side to side, and the rediculous evil gremlin looks she'll give you if she looks at you side on with her underbite out! I love her cute lil whine and how silly she sounds when she tries to howl. I love how she loves to watch tv and how she gets so worked up over animals being on tv.
I love how smart she is and how easily she learns tricks. How first thing in the morning I will feel a pounce on the bed, a wet nose on the cheek and suddenly have a little warm furball curled up asleep next to my knees. I love how she never fails to make me laugh. Ever. And, most of all, I know how much I love my rat because of how much I miss her when I am away from her every week.
[notify]
Baby Girl

If I want it- mommy will get- it for me.

Barked: Wed Jan 19, '11 7:54pm PST 
I love that she licks my tears when I cry, she kisses me when I need it the most. She is a great hugger and a great listener. She is my best buddy and the kid I will never have since I struggle from infertility.
[notify]

Pixie Bell

Is that a ball?

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 8:12am PST 
I know this thread is ancient, but I ram across it on Google (of all places) and couldn't help but respond.

I love my rat for her looonnnggg legs and the way she uses them to stop a ball. I love that she is tireless and can play fetch for hours. I love that she brings me a bone so I can hold it while she chews it. I love that she is smart and quick, and uses that against us. I love her first thing in the morning when she doesn't want to get up, she rolls over and talks in grunt with her legs splayed in the air. smile

I love my ratty!
[notify]
Pixie Bell

Is that a ball?

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 8:12am PST 
I know this thread is ancient, but I ram across it on Google (of all places) and couldn't help but respond.

I love my rat for her looonnnggg legs and the way she uses them to stop a ball. I love that she is tireless and can play fetch for hours. I love that she brings me a bone so I can hold it while she chews it. I love that she is smart and quick, and uses that against us. I love her first thing in the morning when she doesn't want to get up, she rolls over and talks in grunt with her legs splayed in the air. smile

I love my ratty!
[notify]
Cupcake

Adopt- don't shop.

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:20pm PST 
I love my rattie's little tappity tappity excited paws. I love how she squishes right into my body to snuggle. I love her ears which are still trying to decide whether to be up or down. I don't love her nervous piddles but we are working on that. LOL.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 28, '12 5:20pm PST 
Mishandy my rat she always gets exited when she sees me. She is trained to give a high five or should I.say a paw five . We also go hiking she loves new smells she is a good girl!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 9:58am PST 
I love my Rattie because he is super sweet and loves kisses. He is my little shadow, loves his sweaters and sleeping under covers. He knows when I am upset and will cuddle with me until I am better. I love how he makes sounds when he is snuggling down. I also love his lil underbite and the way his ears perk up and cocks his head when I am talking to him like he knows what I am saying. He is the most awesome dog ever!!!kissinglittle angellittle angel
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2