GO!

Constant licking of feet

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 9:27pm PST 
My oldest rattie (11 yrs) was driving me nut with the licking, scratching, chewing. After 3 years and much, much money spent on vet and special food, I took matters into my own hands and I began to wipe her daily (every other day now) with a mixture of white vinegar and water. I wipe the inside of her mouth first, then her ears, her belly, inside her paws, and her private areas. I have long suspected the culprit to be yeast related. She is doing so much better these days and even smells a lot nicer! She smelled terrible for a while. It is so good to see her acting like my ole 'Sallee Girl' again. My youngest rattie will be 1 on Thursday! They are the best pals a gal could ever have!dog walk
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 8:00pm PST 
My brat, Allie, licks her feet and bites her toe nails every night (for about 30 minutes) while she is waiting for me, in bed, to finish up my night-time hygiene routines. I never really thought anything about it, other than this was her night-time hygiene routine. She doesn't do this to the point of causing any damage to the feet or nails, so I have not worried about it. She does have allergies though, so I may try the lamb and rice food, but she is a very picky eater. I have tried to change her food in the past, and she does not seem to like any change. When given a new food, she will not eat for days, or eat very little. I suppose that she would eventually eat something, but I feel like I am depriving her if I don't give her the usual, and preferred dinner. snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2